Frozen Codebase | Green Bay WI 54301 USA | Full Time | Posted: 12/04/2009
* We are a small but well-funded startup company with multiple contracts at various well known publishers. Additionally, we have a dynamic and talented staff that includes veterans from Raven, Radical, GarageGames and Naughty Dog.
* Games can be created anywhere. At Frozen Codebase we believe in quality of life for our developers. Why take that job in California and work in a highly expensive rip off zone, when you can live in an affordable area with some of the best schools in the country. Also, we do have alot of cheese, here in Wisconsin.
Intermediate to Senior Game Artist
As an artist at Frozen Codebase, you will play a major role in helping to develop and evolve unique, immersive visual styles for our games. You will also be tasked with creating 2d artwork such as illustrations or textures, 3d artwork ranging from props to characters to environments, animation, and interfaces, all of which inform and impress the player.
* Create 3d artwork (and some 2D artwork) which conforms seamlessly to a games visual style
* Prototype, concept and evolve visual styles for new games
* Provide useful critique to fellow artists and accept/consider critique of your own work
* Pro actively work with the artists, designers, and programmers to create the best possible solution for any challenge
Essential Skills and Requirements
* Expert understanding of fundamental art theory, including color, form, composition, and motion Strong ability to draw both life as well as from your imagination
* Strong working knowledge of 3ds Max
* Strong working knowledge Photoshop
* Good communication and interpersonal skills - must be able to communicate clearly to artists, designers, and programmers
* Minimum of one shipped title
* A killer portfolio
* Willing to relocate
* Two or more shipped titles
* Experience animating characters and props in 3ds Max
* Bachelor's degree in art or similar training preferred
* A love of art that inspires you to continue creating even after you go home
* Experience with Vicious Engine a plus
* Experience with XBOX 360, Wii, or PC development a plus
A portfolio demonstrating your abilities is required for all artist positions. The perfect portfolio would include only your best work, and would demonstrate you have a strong knowledge of traditional art theory, including color, line, composition, form, motion, and weight. Specifically, we'd look for samples of life drawing, 2d texture painting (texture flats, uv layouts, matte painting), and 3d modeling (fully textured poses as well as wireframe), as well as any examples of animation, illustration, or graphic design.
We prefer online portfolios. CDs, DVDs, and videos will also be accepted.
Send online resumes to email@example.com
Other portfolio material can be sent to our street address: Frozen Codebase, 520 N Broadway, Green Bay WI
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Green Bay, WI, 54301, United States|
|Categories||Art / Animation|
|Experience Years||2 yrs|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Playstation 3,Xbox 360,Wii,Windows|
|Contact Name||Ben Geisler|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|