Senior Software Engineer, Console -- Graphics Specialist
Blizzard Entertainment | Irvine CA 92618 USA | Full Time | Posted: 02/23/2012
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an enthusiastic senior software engineer to be a key contributor on the Diablo team. This position is responsible for developing rendering subsystems on multiple console platforms and ensuring the best representation of the game's artistic vision.
• Design, implement, and maintain graphics-related game systems on home console platforms.
• Identify previously unknown issues and offer solutions.
• Work closely with art to realize the visual look.
• A minimum of 5 years game coding experience
• A minimum of 1 shipped multi-platform AAA title (Xbox 360 and PS3) as a rendering engineer
• In-depth knowledge of the Xbox 360 and PS3 rendering architecture and APIs
• Experience utilizing SPUs for rendering purposes
• Experience with code and data optimization to improve both memory consumption and performance
• Solid background in rendering with experience in shaders, animation, skinning, lighting, and special effects on both the PS3 and Xbox 360
• Fluent in C / C++
• Strong math skills (linear algebra, trigonometry, etc.)
• Able to work in a collaborative team environment
• Passion for playing console games
• Experience developing tools and asset pipelines
• Computer science, EE, Mathematics, Physics, or a related degree
• Familiar with Diablo and other Blizzard Entertainment products
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Irvine, CA, 92618, United States|
|Categories||Network / System Admin / IT, OTHER, Programmer / Engineer|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|