Senior Producer, Console Diablo III
Blizzard Entertainment | Irvine CA 92602 USA | Full Time | Posted: 02/17/2011
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a highly organized individual with outstanding communications and project management skills for the Diablo team. The ideal candidate has prior experience in console game development and has a keen knowledge of how each discipline operates and interacts. Self-direction and follow-up skills are a must, as well as the ability to anticipate production issues and find effective solutions. The candidate must be fully committed to seeing projects through from inception to completion, and delivering games on time with the highest quality.
• Liaise with different departments to facilitate communication.
• Work with department leads to determine resources necessary to see projects through to completion.
• Coordinate, track, and manage the activities of personnel to ensure that project tasks are completed on time.
• Provide motivation and direction to ensure that project goals, objectives, milestones, and deliverables are achieved.
• Facilitate team and department meetings to reach decisions effectively.
• Contribute to a positive work environment and ensure project forward momentum.
• Assist the production director and other producers with creative and organizational tasks, as necessary.
• A minimum of 4 years experience in the video game industry
• Must have shipped at least one AAA console title in a sr. producer role
• Able to communicate effectively with programming, design, art, and business personnel
• Experience managing teams and delivering products on time
• Knowledge of software development processes, project management, and performance management
• Proven experience managing schedules and employees to achieve desired results
• Experience with game development pipelines and potential bottlenecks
• Exceptional interpersonal and verbal and written communications skills
• Able to facilitate and mediate between members of the executive, development, sound, cinematics, online technologies, quality assurance (QA), video production, marketing, and public relations (PR) teams
• Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative
• Passion for video games, especially Blizzard Entertainment titles
• Past art, engineering, or game design work experience
• Experience with online technologies, Battle.net, and multiplayer systems
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Irvine, CA, 92602, United States|
|Categories||Producer / Director / Project Manager|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|