Sr. Gameplay Engineer/AI
Danger Close | Electronic Arts | Los Angeles CA 90094 USA | Full Time | Posted: 01/05/2011
Do you want to be Danger Close?
Danger Close is seeking a Lead Gameplay Engineer to work on an unannounced AAA first person shooter title. The title is early in development so this is an opportunity to be a key player on this major title.
• Designs, prototypes, implements and polishes gameplay systems and tools
• Works closely with level design team to ensure gameplay features deliver on their creative vision and translate into the amazing gameplay our customers expect
• Oversees the work of other gameplay engineers
• Analyzes and mitigates risk in the gameplay development schedule
• 5+ years of experience in building gameplay related systems across multiple shipped titles
• Expert level C++ skills
• Expert level knowledge in one or more area of gameplay related engineering (e.g. AI, weapons, view model, animation, vehicles, physics, camera etc)
• Strong knowledge of the math, data structures and algorithms commonly used in gameplay code
• PS3 or Xbox 360 development experience
• Excellent communication skills and comfortable working closely with designers and content developers
• Flexibility and willingness to jump across multiple systems as required
• Passionate game player
• University level degree in computer science or a related field
• Good level of knowledge in multiple areas of gameplay engineering (e.g. AI, weapons, view model, animation, vehicles, physics, camera etc).
• Experience developing with common game scripting languages such as LUA or UnrealScript
• Exposure to multiplayer and/or co-op development
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Los Angeles, CA, 90094, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|Contact Name||Kamalina Evans|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|