Lead Designer (Console), Diablo III
Blizzard Entertainment | Irvine CA 92602 USA | Full Time | Posted: 02/16/2011
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and experienced designer for the Diablo team. This position involves setting design direction for a team, as well as contributing heavily to game design. The ideal candidate has prior experience in console game development, proven experience in game design, an exceptional aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, outstanding people skills, boundless creativity, a strong visual aesthetic, extensive knowledge of Diablo, and a longstanding passion for playing games.
• Define vision for game project and convey that vision to the team.
• Make high level design decisions regarding project direction.
• Contribute extensively to game design.
• More responsibilities based on experience of applicant.
• A minimum of 5 years experience in the game industry
• Must have shipped at least one AAA console title in a senior design role
• Able to develop and champion a strong design vision for a game from concept to completion
• Must be decisive and inspiring with the ability to manage and direct a team of designers, and to lead cross-discipline teams to consensus
• Able to communicate effectively with programming, design, art, and business personnel
• Strong sense of what makes a fun and compelling experience for console titles and games in general
• Exceptional interpersonal and verbal and written communications skills
• Outstanding self-motivation and initiative
• Extensive experience playing action RPG titles
• Passion for video games, especially Blizzard Entertainment titles
• Experience with user interface (UI) design
• Experience with shipping or porting multi-platform games
• Non-design development experience (artist, programmer, etc.)
• Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Irvine, CA, 92602, United States|
|Categories||Game / Level Designer / Creative Director|
|Work Site||On site|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|