This role will be responsible for using tools that automate linear testing tasks, validate data, and monitor web services. The QA/Automation Engineer will work with development teams and QA Management to test processes that can be automated, identify potential manpower savings, increasing the breadth and reliability of test by designing automation tools.
Beachhead Studio, an Activision game developer located in Santa Monica, CA, is seeking exceptional talent committed to innovation, quality, and excellence. Beachhead specializes in mobile companion experiences and extending blockbuster console games online. Beachhead Studio originally built Call of Duty ELITE and will soon be releasing the upcoming Call of Duty App and Clan Wars for Call of Duty: Ghosts.
Our team is comprised of developers, producers, and designers focused on creating incredible mobile experiences, combining gaming and traditional mobile app functionality on all major mobile platforms as well as on the web.
The Call of Duty App and Call of Duty ELITE are at the forefront of interactive entertainment, allowing millions of Call of Duty players to interact with their friends, clans, and extend the Call of Duty experience, both while they are playing and when they are away from the game.
The QA/Automation Engineer will also work with build deployments, mastering and other processes defined in conjunction with the QA Management team.
The QA/Automation Engineer will work cross functionally and use an automation practice.
• Use, maintain, and extend regression and automation test suites
• Responsible for the planning, execution, and reporting of automated tests using Selenium.
• Demonstrate expertise in planning, execution, scheduling, and reporting of tests.
• Create black, gray, and white box automated tests as appropriate.
• Validate third party data using manual and automated approaches.
• Respond to dynamic situations while maintaining adherence to best practices
• Drive continuous improvement in test coverage and test effectiveness.
• Identify and communicate issues/risks applying technical and root cause analysis skills.
• 3+ years experience using an automation discipline within and organization from the ground up
• 3+ years testing web application
• 2+ years testing mobile applications.
• Experience testing Thrift/REST-based services
• Demonstrated use of firebug and other web debugging tools.
• Proficiency in Web based, n-tier software testing
• Proficiency in Unix/Linux environment
• Working experience with Python, Java, PHP.
• Strong experience with debugging and isolating defects.
• Proven experience in creating automated tests via toolkits (i.e. Selenium, QTP, jMeter, etc.)
• Must have solid basic SQL skills.
• Strong understanding of Web applications.
• Prior Quality Assurance experience required