Crystal Dynamics is looking for a talented, enthusiastic, and highly organized Technical Producer with demonstrable project management experience to take on a major production role in building our next AAA franchise. We are looking for an individual with outstanding communication skills and a proven track record in Development and Production. A successful Producer will work in support of the Executive Producer to coordinate, track, and guide activities of other Producers, Associate Producers and a full development staff to ensure that projects are completed on time and with high quality. Exposure to formal project management techniques in an internal development environment a must; previous experience building and maintaining schedules is essential.
- Scope the Solution - Work with Executive Producer, Senior Producers and discipline Leads to determine resources necessary to complete projects.
- Plan and Execute - use project management tools, production methodologies, and leadership level dialogue to maintain tight schedules and high standards of quality.
- Deliver - Oversee, coordinate, track and manage the activities of the team to ensure that project goals are completed on time.
- Team Player - to other Producers and Associate Producers to assist in solving higher level complex project management issues.
- Professional Problem Solver - Identify and fix bottlenecks, as well as clearing roadblocks both on the day-to-day and in the longer term.
- Cheerlead - Provide motivation, direction, and improve best practices
- Building - Assist with recruiting and interviewing candidates for positions in product development where needed.
- Partnership - Coordinate with internal Brand/Marketing, external Marketing, Outsourcing resources, first party console resources, as needed, and other duties as assigned.
Competencies, Skills & Knowledge:
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively as a mediator between all development disciplines, as well as with upper management.
- Demonstrated ability to self-prioritize and execute with minimal supervision, while also leading by example.
- Proven experience managing schedules and requirements to implement desired features.
- Proactive in finding new ways to problem solve and work with resolutions.
- Unrelenting self-motivation, positive attitude, and initiative.
- Proven conflict management and evaluation, mitigation and risk resolution.
- Deep knowledge about the game development process and industry trends at large.
- Experience shipping two or more major console titles as a Senior and/or leadership level Producer or Producer.
- Experience or education as a Software Engineer/Programmer.
- 5 – 7 years of game development experience in an internal development Production role.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, & PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with project management and version control software tools such as Hansoft and Perforce.
- A demonstrated understanding of various Production methodologies is required. Experience managing external resources, remote contractors, and vendors.
- Will consider candidates with previous experience as Development Directors or Project Managers.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.