We are looking for highly driven, self-motivated senior designers with intense creative vision and fresh ideas for gameplay. Our Senior Level Designers
collaborate with the level team to take a game level from design to completion.
Home to some of the industry's best and brightest talent, Treyarch is an industry-leading game developer whose Call of Duty: Black Ops II set world-wide launch day records, and whose previous game Call of Duty®: Black Ops set an entertainment launch opening record upon its release in 2010 and continues to be one of the best-selling games of all time.
What you?ll be doing:
The skills/experience you?ll need:
- Work with design leadership, artists, and other level designers to deliver environments that embody the creative vision of the game.
- Research subject matter related to the history and look of locations portrayed in a level.
- Drive the design of your level(s) from paper design to shipping product
- Spearhead the collaborative process with other designers, artists, animators and engineers to create levels that are not only incredibly fun, but look great and run well.
- Detail and polish geometry based on photo reference and concept art.
- Mentor other designers; lead by example. Be a positive influence on your team.
- Prioritize and self-manage to meet deadlines.
And you?ll really get our attention if you have:
- Five years of experience and two or more published AAA titles in a level design capacity.
- Ability to communicate effectively other designers, management, and peers in other disciplines.
- Overall knowledge of game design processes including, but not limited to, level flow, engagement design, pacing, etc.
- Be proactive in communicating progress and solving problems.
- Expertise with one or more 3D level/world creation packages.
- Familiarity with recent shooters and the trends of the genre.
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with the Radiant level editor
- Architecture background
- Mod community experience