If the idea of working in the nitty-gritty, the lowest levels of the code base excite you, then we want to talk with you. Insomniac Games is looking for several engine programmers to work with the Core team to design, add and modify features of both runtime and tools components of the engine, in both studios. Design, write and modify data and code with a heavy focus on real-time performance and usability. Provide features which can be used in practice to create best-in-class contributions to our games. Write and modify tools that will provide access to engine features.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Design and develop data and code based on direction and/or feedback from Engine leads or Engine Director
• Work independently to complete assigned projects with limited supervision
• Educate other departments on technology and engine functionality
• Implement new functionality in engine
• Design and implement efficient low-level systems to support higher-level programmers & pipelines
• Design and implement tools that allow content creators to quickly iterate on game ideas
• Rewrite existing systems as directed for increased functionality, reduced memory usage, and increased performance
• Respond to bugs and feature requests related to engine code as directed
• Keep current with the technological developments and advancements in the computer game industry
• Provide technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions with programs
• Complete processor-specific optimization tasks
• Analyze code performance
• Document technology implementation details
• Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
• Master's degree (M.A.) or equivalent; or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to comprehend and apply principles of advanced calculus, modern algebra, and advanced statistical theory. Ability to work with concepts such as limits, rings, quadratic and differential equations, and proofs of theorems.
• Advanced C, C++, and assembly/microcode programming (various CPU cores).
• Strong grasp of mathematical concepts, graphics, collision detection, data transformation, database management and advanced programming techniques.
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for – then we’d like to hear from you. Please use the link below and apply directly to the positions. Thanks!