Santa Monica, California
Lead Software Engineer
Lead Game Development Software Engineer
We are a small but growing game studio looking to expand our team by adding a skilled and passionate programmer. Our ideal candidate would have experience developing on multiple platforms and works well in a team environment and enjoys a small studio setting.
In this role you will be expected to write comprehensible, reusable, and scalable code under the direction of another lead software engineer and/or leading a team of engineers through a full development cycle. You will also be required to understand and implement multiplayer game server infrastructure either from the ground up or utilizing middleware solutions.
You will also be expected to work with management for technical insight and expectations on future projects as well as be able to write detailed technical documents at the initial phases of application development.
• Develop and support a mobile consumer application platform for iOS & Android that fits into a multiplatform app ecosystem
• 3-6 years of professional game development experience (at least one year of developing with Unity)
• Expert knowledge of Unity3D and iOS Development (Android is a plus)
• At least 5 shipped titles or applications for iOS or Android, at least one using the Unity3D engine
• Experience integrating with a variety of external UA/monetization APIs
• A strong understanding of game design principles and player experience
• Background working with iOS build management and provisioning
• Solid understanding of Apple iPhone/iPad app development life cycle including submissions process
• Ability to properly scope and estimate time against projects and tasks
• Effectively communicate with other Developers, Designers, Project Managers, and Producers
• Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and listening skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, including non-technical
• Self-motivated with a strong desire to learn and stay abreast of game developments/standards
• You must be motivated, driven, and passionate about gaming and technology
• Bachelors and/or Masters degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.