Los Angeles, California
Title: Gameplay Engineer
We are looking for an engineer who wants to be part of a creative focused independent game studio. We’re starting a next-generation console title and looking for a great team to help create it.
• Develop unique and innovative gameplay systems
• Create and collaborate on tools and pipelines
• Work closely with the design team to specify, document, design, implement, profile, optimize and debug gameplay systems
• Rapidly iterate on mechanics, tools, etc. to constantly refine game
• In early stages of development, create prototypes to quickly get to the core fun factor of an idea
• Integrate platform specific requirements and maintain up-to-date knowledge of changes to the platforms.
• Able to actively contribute to a creative environment and work as a team
• Implement UI and HUD framework
• A passion for innovative games.
• Able to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without constant supervision.
• Ensure quality & consistency for the game from the inside out
• Adheres to product and deliverable due dates to keep game progressing at scheduled pace
• Great attitude even in the difficult times of a game production schedule.
• Researches, documents, and applies new knowledge to the game when necessary
• Great written and oral communication
• Experienced in version control and collaboration tools
Credentials and Experience:
• 2 shipped titles. Preferably on a multi-platform title
• 2+ years experience coding for games, console development preferred
• Proficient in C++, C#
• Familiar with Unreal 3 or similar game engine
• Knowledge of Assembly is a plus
• Passion for games and game development
• B.S. Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
More Jobs Like This
- Graphics Engineer, Tonk Tonk Games
- Staff Graphics Engineer, Game DSE , Sony PlayStation
- Staff Software Engineer, Game DSE , Sony PlayStation
- Senior Software Engineer, Applications, zSpace, Inc.
- Gameplay Programmer / Software Architect, Flatter Than Earth, Inc.