Santa Monica, California
High School or equivalent
Treyarch Senior Vehicle/Weapons Artist
Treyarch is home to some of the industry's best and brightest talent, and has garnered a reputation for being one of the industry's premier art, design and technology powerhouses. The studio’s successful track record of releasing AAA blockbuster hits, extensive infrastructure and strong management provides a solid foundation from which it can successfully pioneer major franchises and build on our successes to date.
We are seeking a razor-sharp Senior 3D Artist who will be designing, modeling, and texturing next gen vehicles, weapons and props for our next AAA game.
What you'll be doing:
· Create in game vehicles, weapons, and prop assets from concept to finish, through high poly and low poly modeling and texturing, using Maya, Zbrush and Photoshop.
· Work closely with Lead Artist, Concept Artist, Animators, and Designers on design and function of vehicles, weapons, and props.
· Rigging and skinning vehicles, weapons, and other rigid mechanical objects.
· Setting up and integrating assets into game engine.
The skills and experience you’ll need:
· Have at least 5 years of experience in game industry, with 2 shipped games.
· Have a strong knowledge in Maya, Photoshop, and Zbrush.
· Have a strong high poly to low poly conversion ability and excellent hard surface modeling ability.
· Excellent texturing and UV skills to maximize texture pixel density.
· Have a strong understanding of shaders and materials.
· Strong 2d and 3d skills, ability to take a concept image of varying detail to 3d model.
· Excellent traditional art skills; sketching, silhouette understanding and color theory.
· Demonstrate excellent creative and technical problem solving ability.
· Strong attention to overall detail, with ability to prioritize tasks, focusing attention on the most important parts to maximize schedule.
· Have excellent communication skills and ability to work one on one, in groups, and with multiple departments and different personalities, always being proactive.
· Must be committed to delivering the best possible results and achieving visual expectations.
· Possesses the ability to take direction and feedback from the team as well as contribute ideas.
· Understands the artwork is functional to the game, has game play relevance and implications.
And you’ll really get our attention if you have:
· Experience in next gen development (Xbox One, PS4)
· Shows strong passion and knowledge about all things vehicles and weapons.
· Worked on vehicles and weapons in past projects and other hard surface content, such as weapon attachments and equipment.
· Strong Maya scripting and rendering skills a plus.
More Jobs Like This
We couldn't find matching jobs.